Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Shaving the stuff

Well, since I'm not doing anything now, I might as well write down the next incident of note that I can remember. For those who think I don't have anything better to write about, they're perfectly right. I don't. I'm bored, nobody's around, except Saket, and he's about as much fun as a log. He's been pestering me to go to Mocha with him and sit around a hookah while he inhales the stuff, but, thankfully, the auto drivers are still on strike (probably the first time I'm happy about the fact) and I flatly refuse to ride on the brakeless wonder bike his ex-roommate offered to lend. Especially with Saket driving.

Speaking of Saket, I believe I mentioned something about his shaving. We had exams till yesterday, and in keeping with tradition, Saket the cool dude hadn't shaved. He looked like a gorse bush in the middle of the monsoon. We kept telling him to do it, but he always kept saying he didn't have enough time, mostly cause he was sleeping half the day. One day, me and Siddharth were shaving, and we spot him and decide to pester him about it. So we did, and he finally caved in and consented to shave. He started in, and we all gaped in wonder at his technique. I don't know if you've ever seen an axeman felling a tree, but I really thought this was what it must seem like. The guy was scraping away at it like fungus being scraped off a ship. Or am I thinking of barnacles? Either way, something that you scrape with a great deal of vim.

Anyway, once we got over the shock of his hacking, we told him to not shave everything off, but keep a French beard. He thought it would look silly, but we champions of pestering would not give in, so finally he stopped at a French beard and peered at himself in the mirror. Of course, we fell over laughing when he turned towards us and he ran off to shave off the rest, but it was worth it. I do believe he thought it actually looked good for a little while.

Admittedly, I'm not one to critize. For those who don't know, my hair currently looks it belongs to one of those people who wander around in denim jackets and silver chains around their wrists all the time. It was suppposed to be "subtly streaked" with what I imagined would be light brown, but the experiment went kinda awry and I ended up looking highly gay. Not very nice, but at least I really can't complain, since it was my mother who was doing the actual colouring and me directing her. How was I to know it would turn out like this?

Anyway, that's about it.

I'm still bored, but now I have less time to be bored in.

Bye bye to one and all. Have fun, and be good. However, keep in mind: growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment